Happy Friday everyone! Today, I want to spill some secrets to taking full advantage of all-inclusive resorts. Now when I say “all-inclusive,” I’m not talking the ginormous resorts that offers all-inclusive packages for college spring breakers. I am referring to the more high-end all inclusive properties, consisting of only a small number of rooms (usually under 100), excellent food and drinks, and with outstanding service. Some of my personal favorites include Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita in Riviera Maya and Hermitage Bay located in Antigua.
|Hermitage Bay – Antigua|
|Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonito – Riviera Maya|
Here are a few tips to keep in mind if you are staying at an all-inclusive paradise:
- Dress Code
- Always check the hotel’s dress codes for their restaurants before you leave home.
- For example, I know most guys when traveling to a beach resort typically pack a total of two pairs of shoes: flip-flops and tennis shoes. However, some of the restaurants in your hotel may require closed toe dress shoes for guys.
- Plan Ahead
- When you arrive, check to see if any restaurants require reservations. Also sometimes restaurants are only open on certain nights, so ask to see a schedule.
|Be sure to order the Coco Loco at Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita!|
- Ask for what you want
- Don’t assume that because it is an all-inclusive, you only get cheap alcohol. With most all-inclusive resorts, you can ask for specific brands of alcohol and it will be included.
- Take advantage of room service
- Most people write off room service when traveling because it is known to be so pricey, but it is included at most all-inclusive resorts. So take advantage of breakfast in bed, dessert in your suite or an afternoon order of margaritas and guacamole!
- Almost every all-inclusive resort will include gratuities. But if someone goes out of their way to provide excellent service it is nice to tip them.
- Be sure to travel with small bills for those times you want to slip a helpful staff member a tip. Nothing is worse than scrambling through your wallet in search of a little tip and finding only plastic or big bills.
I hope these tips were helpful! Do you have any advice I left out? Where is your favorite all-inclusive resort? If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check back soon for our post on the pros and cons of all-inclusive resorts!