Happy Friday everyone! Today, I want to spill some secrets to taking full advantage of all-inclusive resorts. Now when I say “all-inclusive,” I’m not talking the ginormous resorts that offers all-inclusive packages for college spring breakers. I am referring to the more high-end all inclusive properties, consisting of only a small number of rooms (usually under 100), excellent food and drinks, and with outstanding service. Some of my personal favorites include Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita in Riviera Maya and¬†Hermitage Bay located in Antigua.
|Hermitage Bay – Antigua|
|Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonito – Riviera Maya|
Here are a few tips to keep in mind if you are staying at an all-inclusive paradise:
- Dress Code
- Always check the hotel’s dress codes for their restaurants before you leave home.
- For example, I know most guys when traveling to a beach resort typically pack a total of two pairs of shoes: flip-flops and tennis shoes. However, some of the restaurants in your hotel may require closed toe dress shoes for guys.
- Plan Ahead
- When you arrive, check to see if any restaurants require reservations. ¬†Also sometimes restaurants are only open on certain nights, so ask to see a schedule.
|Be sure to order the Coco Loco at Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita!|
- Ask for what you want
- Don’t assume that because it is an all-inclusive, you only get cheap alcohol. With most all-inclusive resorts, you can ask for specific brands of alcohol and it will be included.
- Take advantage of room service
- Most people write off room service when traveling because it is known to be so pricey, but it is included at most all-inclusive resorts. ¬†So take advantage of breakfast in bed, dessert in your suite or an afternoon order of margaritas and guacamole!
- Almost every all-inclusive resort will include gratuities. But if someone goes out of their way to provide excellent service it is nice to tip them.
- Be sure to travel with small bills for those times you want to slip a helpful staff member a tip. Nothing is worse than scrambling through your wallet in search of a little tip and finding only plastic or big bills.
I hope these tips were helpful! Do you have any advice I left out? Where is your favorite all-inclusive resort? If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check back soon for our post on the pros and cons of all-inclusive resorts!