Sarah and Phil opted for a relazing and tropical honeymoon on the Caribbean islands of St Barths and Nevis. They stayed at Hotel Christopher in St Barths & then the Four Seasons Nevis. They had a wonderful honeymoon and were kind enough to share some pictures and tips!
ST BARTHS FAVORITES
1. Hotel Christopher: Amazing. We were upgraded to one of the rooms directly overlooking the pool. Everyone here was so pleasant and the pool was absolutely gorgeous. The breakfast was amazing and drinks were so delicious! Sisley Spa was one of our favorite things. We had a couples’ massage and the room has the most amazing view. We are also so glad we rented a car — we were able to explore the island during the day.
2. Beaches: We wanted to see as many beaches as possible, so we spent two days driving around and spending an hour or so at each beach. Hotel Christopher packed our car up with beach supplies each day. Our two favourites were Colombier Beach and Gouverneur Beach.
3. Restaurants: Bonito was our favorite! Their Lobster risotto, ceviche, and sea bass were out of this world. On the Rocks at Eden Rock and L’Isoletta were two other favorites.
1. Four Seasons Nevis: I feel like this was the summer camp of the Four Seasons. Very rustic looking — but definitely still nice. Our room was upgraded so we had a suite with a really beautiful ocean view. And the chocolate covered strawberries and champagne when we got in were so sweet! We spent most of our time at the adults only pool. It was so quiet and relaxing and had a great view of the water.
2. Spa: Sarah ended up going to the spa every day and Phil even went a few days too!
3. Restaurants: The food at the hotel was amazing. We had the same woman wait on us both nights and when we told her how much we loved Conch she had the chef prepare us a special conch appetizer for the next night! Such a treat. Our favorite restaurant though was called Sunshines. This is a run down shack that’s next to the Four Seasons (just a two minute walk up the beach). We kept hearing from people that we needed to go there and try their famous “Killer Bees” drinks. The place is supposedly famous — it’s covered in all of these flags from different schools, countries, and states and most of them are signed by famous people (like famous coaches) and there’s pictures all over the place of the owner posing with famous people (like Bill Clinton!). The food was really great and the drinks were amazing! It’s a definite must if you’re staying at the Four Seasons!
Thanks for sharing your experience, Sarah and Phil! We’d love to help you plan your dream honeymoon – email us today and lets get started!
Mallory and Jonathan spent their honeymoon in Greece: Athens, Crete and Santorini. They loved their experience and were kind enough to share it with us!
Athens: Our timeframe was great! We got the sights done in one day. We definitely recommend getting to the Acropolis in the early morning before it gets crowded. I think we were there at 8:30am and by the time we left, it was getting very busy. We visited Areopagus, Ancient Agora, Syntagma Square, Ministiraki and Plaka. The flea market (Ministiraki) was very cool! We stayed at the New Hotel and it was great! The people were friendly and helpful and the place was immaculate. Their rooftop bar is pretty cool with a great view of the Acropolis and the location was perfect for getting around Athens. We would recommend it!
Crete: Crete is much bigger than we realized and doing some research ahead of time is recommended. Domes of Elounda is a pretty neat hotel with fantastic views! We got an amazing Villa upgrade, which was incredible! Thank you, thank you, for that. It was unreal (2 bedrooms, three bathrooms, our own pool, kitchen, etc…). Amazing.
Santorini: The ferry was excellent, thank you for recommending the business class seats. As advertised, they were way better! Canavas Oia Suites is a really neat place, obviously with amazing views and service. The Santorini Wine Tour was great, we had a really fun time on this excursion! We met other couples, we loved the guide and obviously enjoyed the wine. It was well worth it to do this excursion and I would highly recommend a wine tour to anyone that likes wine!
Thanks for sharing your experience, Mallory and Jonathan! Have you always dreamed of going to Greece for your honeymoon? Email me and let’s start planning!
Shannon and Dan spent their honeymoon in the beautiful city of Rome, the gorgeous Amalfi Coast and then the bustling city of Barcelona. “We loved each city – each for different reasons. Rome with the history, sights, and the great food! After a whirlwind few days in Rome, heading to the Amalfi Coast was perfect.”
We could not have imagined a more beautiful place than Ravello and Palazzo Avino! There are just not adequate words to describe the beauty of the views (not to mention the beach club – WOW). Our upgraded room had a great balcony where we shared drinks and snacks every night looking out on the gorgeous water view. And Ravello was just what we needed – we did excursions such as to Capri for a day, but it was so nice coming home to quiet Ravello full of the nicest people! And, wow, Barcelona – so amazing in its own way. The pool and location right on the beach was perfect for relaxing after our busy days exploring the amazing city! The city truly is electric you can feel the enthusiasm.”
Sounds like the time of a lifetime, right? Email me to start planning your dream honeymoon!
Caitlin and Connor wanted a relaxing and tropical vacation and decided on the Maldives and stayed at the incredible Six Senses Laamu. “We learned that the Maldives are compiled of 1,200 islands and over time resorts have taken over islands south of the mainland, Male. The Six Senses Laamu rests on its own island which is extremely peaceful. Our over the water villa was even better than we imagined. A clear floor, all glass sunken bath tub, outdoor shower, and one jump away from being in the Indian Ocean.”
“A boat picked us up and drove us to a remote island a little bit away. Our GEM (Guest Experience Manager) asked us what we wanted on the island. Naturally, we asked for one thing and one thing only…cold beers. As we pulled up to the island, staff is grooming the sandy beach and a gentleman puts up a set of stairs for us to get off the boat (I felt like I was on the Bachelor.) We arrived on the island and I’d say they nailed it. An umbrella, two cushions, two towels, and a cooler packed full of ice cold Coronas. We had the best afternoon!”
“My advice to couples packing and getting ready for their honeymoon is to enjoy it. Enjoy every second of it. Enjoy each other’s company, the intimate setting, and the special place where you and your husband/wife had your first married trip together. It will be a memory you’ll have forever. Thank you Katie for a trip of a lifetime!”
Sounds amazing right?! Want to get started on your dream honeymoon? Email me!
Today, we’re sharing Justin and Chelsea’s amazing 2.5 week honeymoon in Greece, Croatia and Paris!
“Justin and I were very excited for our wedding but very VERY excited for our honeymoon. There aren’t many times in your life when you can get away with taking a two and a half week vacation with the man you love and boy it could not come at a better time having spent the last 8 months planning and coordinating a wedding! If we could give one piece of honeymoon advice it would be to take it two days after your wedding and not wait. We liked having a day after the wedding to come home and gather our bearings and make sure we had everything packed and weren’t leaving anything and then take off! You’re on such a high from the wedding that even traveling to Greece from CA (15 hours) flew by because we were so busy going over and over the wedding weekends details and revelling in all the love we just felt.”
“Going to Athens for two days was amazing because we used the first day to sleep a little after the long travel day and experience the night life on a rooftop bar in the main suqare. The second day we were able to explore Athens and see all the really cool historic monuments.”
“Santorini was hands down the most spectacular and beautiful place I’ve EVER been. We stayed in Oia which is a side of the island that has the best sunsets and the most gorgeous hotels. We loved Santorini as the first place of our honeymoon because we could relax, unwind, enjoy the sun, and get into pure vacation mode. Going through EA Honeymoons was amazing too because every place we went had “special honeymoon gifts” from a couple’s massage to a day on a Sail Boat.”
“After 6 days of waking up, eating a massive delicious breakfast, laying out, going to drinks and dinner and repeating day after day, we went to Dubrovnik, Croatia. We did venture into town one day and wandered around the old city which felt like a hybrid of Costa Rica and Italy with the laid back beachy feel being right on the water and the cobble stone streets and old city. 3 days was perfect to see everything.”
“Last we ventured to magnifique Paris! When people say that it’s the most romantic place in the world they’re not lying! It is the PERFECT place for a honeymoon and I’m so glad we experienced it together.”
“What also made the honeymoon so incredible was having Katie who had planned it perfectly! She found hotels that matched the criteria we were looking for and we didn’t have to worry about figuring out all the details and coordinating while we were doing that for the wedding. The other amazing benefit was that everywhere we stayed knew and loved her so they treated us like royalty! Each place had champgane, or chocolates, or sweet notes welcoming us which always was a great way to start a trip. It was also so nice that if there was an issue that came up like Air France pilots going on strike two days before coming home (yes this happened) Katie was always available and quick to respond and kept us at ease and helped us get through anything.”
What an incredible honeymoon, right?! Sound like the vacation for you? Email me to get started on your next trip!